We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
New in Galactic Civilizations III
From Galactic Civilizations III Wiki
Major Additions to Galactic Civilizations III[edit | edit source]
- Massive scale: The new, 64-bit, multi-core engine increases the number of possible opponents from 16 to 128 with a similar explosion in maximum map sizes.
- Ideology: Player actions give points towards various ideologies, which give civilizations unique abilities, planetary improvements and bonuses.
- Multiplayer: For the first time, Galactic Civilizations is a multiplayer game with full support for custom civilizations, saved multiplayer games and much more.
- Unique technology trees: Play as one of eight major galactic powers (or design your own), each with their own unique technology tree, ships, colony improvements and abilities.
- New Battle System: Players can now design ships and assign them a specific combat role. When fleet battles occur, you can now view the battle in a cinematic style to see your creations in action.
- New Colony Manager: The location of a planetary improvement now matters. Adjacency bonuses and planetary resources have major impacts on what a planet is strong (or weak) at accomplishing.