Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Research uncovers technology breakthroughs, enabling bonuses from the negotiations table to the fleets laying waste to opponents. is computed by applying specific bonuses to Research. Colonies generate Raw Production, and it is applied in aggregate to the selected technology focus of the civilization. Research
Bonuses to Research[edit | edit source]
Improvements generate the most significant bonuses to . Generally available improvements include ResearchComputer Core, Galactic Mainframe, Xeno Research Laboratory, Technological Capital, Innovation Complex, and Brindle's Observatory.
Other sources include:
- Some technologies including Research Stimulus and Precursor History
- The starbase modules Starbase Laboratory and Orbital Research Center
- The Xenophobic ability
- The Clever trait
- Certain planet types
- Certain colonization events
- Certain mercenary ships in
- The Scientist, Mechanic, Epiphany and Leader in
- Certain cabinet members, ships and crisis events in