What is Galactic Civilizations
Galactic Civilizations is a turn-based, 4X space strategy game developed and published by Stardock. Humans compete with aliens for control of the galaxy in the 23rd century, using diplomacy, trade, culture, scientific research, and interstellar warfare to achieve their goals.
Players start with their homeworld and a scout ship to find neighbors and habitable planets, a survey ship to extract secrets from the anomalies that dot the galactic landscape, and a colony ship to found their first offworld colony.
Galactic Civilizations Features[edit | edit source]
- Never the same game twice: Play in the ultimate sandbox where each game has a unique map, unique worlds, and new challenges to face.
- Multiple paths to victory: Win through military conquest, cultural domination, technological ascension or political alliance.
- Story-based campaign: Galactic Civilizations III includes a campaign that brings players up to date on the 20-year story arc behind the rise of humanity in the 23rd century.
- Massive technology tree: Research a technology tree with immense breadth and depth. Player choices determine the capabilities of their civilization.
- Custom ship design: Players can design their own ships with total control over how they function as well as how they look. Any ship you’ve ever imagined can be created or downloaded.